About Me

About Alaris




1 Thessalonians 2:5 For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloak of covetousness; God is witness:
6 Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.
7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:
8 So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
9 For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.
10 Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,
12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.


I am a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  For reasons similar to Paul's above, I have decided to remain anonymous lest anyone think I am posting these articles for vainglory or profit.  I seek only to solve the deep mysteries of the gospel and discuss them here that I may experience joy by edifying my brothers and sisters in Christ.

“The things of God are of deep import; and time, and experience, and careful and ponderous and solemn thoughts can only find them out. Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. How much more dignified and noble are the thoughts of God, than the vain imaginations of the human heart! …

“… Let honesty, and sobriety, and candor, and solemnity, and virtue, and pureness, and meekness, and simplicity crown our heads in every place; and in fine, become as little children, without malice, guile or hypocrisy. And now, brethren, after your tribulations, if you do these things, and exercise fervent prayer and faith in the sight of God always, He shall give unto you knowledge by His Holy Spirit, yea by the unspeakable gift of the Holy Ghost [see D&C 121:26].” History of the Church, 3:295–96; paragraph divisions altered; from a letter from Joseph Smith and others to Edward Partridge and the Church, Mar. 20, 1839, Liberty Jail, Liberty, Missouri; parts of this letter were later included in the Doctrine and Covenants as sections 121, 122, and 123.

For anyone who may be reading my blog who is not LDS or any LDS whose faith has been shaken, please consider my witness that the Book of Mormon is the word of God!  On my youthful mission, I was blessed to see over thirty souls receive their own witness of the Book of Mormon.  Convincing people to read just one chapter, to ponder the words, and then to pray and ask Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ whether those words are true seems like it should be easy.  Every single time ... every ... single ... time .... we were able to convince someone to follow those simple steps they received an answer. You could always tell upon our follow-up visit.  You could see it in their eyes.  They knew like we knew and we saw eye to eye.

So, if you haven't discovered this incredible latter-day scripture, I add my promise to Moroni's - if you will be read one chapter - 3 Nephi 11 is the chapter we designated as it is the chapter where Jesus appears in the flesh to the americas shortly after his resurrection in Jerusalem - read this one chapter and with an open heart and sincerity ask Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ if the words are true, he will manifest the truth of it unto you by the power of the Holy Ghost.  Then ...  you will come to know as everyone who follows this promise knows... that the Book of Mormon is true and God has called modern day prophets!

Finally, I must clearly state that none of my postings or analysis are necessarily official doctrines of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That said please follow the same promise outlined above. Pray before reading that the Spirit may be with you to discern truth,  and pray at the end for confirmation.

Thank you

Alaris 

Comments

  1. Alaris,

    Thanks for so eloquently sharing many of the thoughts I have had, and expanding my vision of what I've felt in my personal experiences and studies.

    I appreciate you wanting to remain anonymous-- but in the spirit of learning, is there any way I can contact you? I'd love to share some thoughts I've had and ask you questions. Thanks

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to reach out to me on ldsfreedomforum.com - My username is ... Alaris! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Hello I find your blog very interesting. I have been raised with the same beliefs concerning this one mighty and strong who is to come prepare the way before Christ. I am not a member yet, I have been wanting to be baptized for a few years now but keep putting it off because of certain beliefs that have been accepted in the church. I have yet to meet a man who has the power of the priesthood as in the days of Joseph Smith. I went to church for a few years. I did not see any of the signs that should follow the priesthood power and authority. More than anything I want to be baptized but I want it to be done by the proper authority and that is what I am in search of. I would love to hear more about your beliefs and your thoughts on priesthood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! If you have read through my blog then perhaps you've read my belief that level 7 is the exclusive level that can access the Father and reveal / begin new dispensations. There are of course other prophets who say, "Thus saith the Lord." However, I am writing another "levels" article that discusses more detail of the when and where and how many per level. In this I will discuss my belief that level five souls were reserved for the final dispensation--the level of the Law of the Gospel epitomized by Noah who preached for 120 years. The LDS church has the most organized missionary effort and has been the fastest growing church historically. No small feat.

      Also, the LDS church is presently gathering gentiles from the world. I believe this is why there aren't any overt revelations or displays of power. However when the time of the gentiles comes to an end, then the light show will begin. Isaiah is largely devoted to these prophecies, including the end times servant. This is why Nephi was inspired to include so much of Isaiah and why the Lord Himself covered so many of these prophecies in 3 Nephi when He appeared to the americans. The Lord also mentions prophecies in Malachi.

      Moroni recited versions of Isaiah 11 and Malachi as well when he first appeared to Joseph Smith. These prophecies still haven't been fulfilled.

      That said, there's less reason to wait now more than ever. The LDS church does have the priesthood. After the time of the gentiles ends - which I believe is 9/23 - then the Lord's focus will return to His people. Better to join before then ;)

      Delete
    2. Alaris,
      I really enjoy and appreciate your writings, though I disagree with you’re stance on the state of the church authorities, I believe that after Heber J Grant there has not been a true anointed prophet/president of the church, and that’s when the times of the Gentiles were fulfilled
      D&C 45
      28 And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a light shall break forth among them that sit in darkness, and it shall be the fulness of my gospel;
      (Joseph Smith restores fullness of the gospel)
      29 But they receive it not; for they perceive not the light, and they turn their hearts from me because of the precepts of men.
      30 And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

      Joseph Smith’s LDS people ultimately reject the light (gospel of Jesus Christ) and mostly is caused by the leaders of his people
      Isaiah 3
      12 O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
      Isaiah 9
      16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.
      Isaiah 23
      7 ¶ But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
      8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.
      Jeremiah 10
      21 For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the Lord: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.
      Jeremiah 23
      1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.
      2 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.
      Jeremiah 50
      6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.
      1 Nephi 21
      1 And again: Hearken, O ye house of Israel, all ye that are broken off and are driven out because of the wickedness of the pastors of my people; yea, all ye that are broken off, that are scattered abroad, who are of my people, O house of Israel.

      This quote below will set all the above true to this time and this people;

      D&C 112
      23 Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.
      24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
      25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;
      26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord..........

      Delete
    3. I also believe that the Priests in the Testament of Levi is about the first seven Presidents of the church
      “ 11 And in the seventh week shall become priests, who are idolaters, adulterers, lovers of money, proud, lawless, lascivious, abusers of children and beasts.”
      And these are what we have today, if you research from the seventh to the eighth church president there were a great many changes to the ordinances and even the way a person becomes a president of the church. And now today we still wait for the 8th and final anointed by God Priest the One Mighty and Strong, to come and “set the house of God in order” (D&C 85) and to gather the more righteous out before the judgment of D&C 112 happens, if the leaders today had the priesthood and were talking to God and receiving revelation there would be no need for a Servant to come and set it in order, instead God says this;

      Jeremiah 23
      11 For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the Lord.
      12 Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the Lord.

      And then we have this;
      “Brethren, this Church will be led onto the very brink of hell by the leaders of this people. Then God will raise the one mighty and strong, spoken of in the 85th Section of the Doctrine and Covenants, to save and redeem this Church.”
      - Brigham Young

      Keep in mind I have a love for the church and believe that it is true, but that it is out of order and we have false Priests/Pastors that cause us to err, and we still wait for the Arm of the Lord to be revealed unto all nations, and will set the house of God in order.

      Delete
    4. Paco fantastic scriptures that are super relevant right now. I'm not sure where you and I disagree. The Lord left watchmen in charge of the vineyard (d&c 101.) They're the watchmen. They still are. And they disavowed scripture and have allowed Homosexual behavior on BYU campus which is paid for at least in part with sacred funds as I recall. God will not be mocked. This will not stand.

      That doesn't mean this isn't His church or they His watchmen. The most corrupt branches are rooted out. All those verses your shared appply

      Delete
  3. I have immensely enjoyed reading your blog posts. Thank you for being brave and obedient in writing. It’s refreshing to my soul...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all of your hard work in compiling and presenting all of this information. Having only recently begun my own study I find it very interesting. I wish you luck in your en devours. I hope to one day read your father-in-law's essay, and look forward to learning more from you.

    God be with you till we meet,
    7HourFinalSeal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so appreciate all that has been shared on this blog. Thank you!!! I wonder if you could share your thoughts with regards to the sisters and how the levels above level 5 would apply to them. So much is silent as to our Heavenly Mother and her progession. All you have shared has so resonated with me. Looking forward to a future article??



    ReplyDelete
  6. Are y'all really going to make me form the school of the prophets all by myself?

    Ask me any questions at jerrmiahmaccabeez@gmail.com

    I have all keys of eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God tolerates some level of power in the LDS church because it is serviceable to Him to do so. If however that church was clean, it would be clean: It is not. It is another piece of the puzzle, but they have had Authority taken from them due to great hubris and lack of charity. Only those who do not possess the nobility and discipline required of the true priesthood are allowed to stay in such a degraded state as they, in their worship of form. What divides the Good from the Awful?: IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SELL YOUR CHILDREN TO A COLD DOGMA, RATHER THAN FORMING A WORLD FIT FOR GOD FIRST, YOU ARE NOT SAVED.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest, I am the chosen prophet and priest. I'd be happy to educate you, as I am all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the wonderful posts! It's taken me time to read, pray, reread, fast and pray..but I have received my answers that what you have written is truth. Cognitive dissonance is real and can be a such a stumbling block if not accompanied by the the Spirit of Truth. I am finally at peace and have reconciled my contradictions to what is happening in the church today and with leadership..which is now worse than when you originally posted these things. I now truly see the levels of progression of man to gods and this to me is the foundation of learning truth.
    Would you expand on your thought that the time of the gentiles is complete on 9/23? And where did you get JS quote in your ascension of Isaiah 3 article ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Though comments are usually moderated for appropriate language and spam, moderation is at the discretion of the author. Thank you for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Levels of Mankind & The Seal of Melchizedek

An Introduction to the Davidic Servant

Mutiple Mortal Probations